Monday 13 February 2012

It's Grammy Time....




Watching the 54th Grammy awards (comments By Marcel Yammouni as it was happening)

L.L Cool J is a very charismatic Host/Rapper. I even like his acting. He was good in “Last Holiday”. What’s your favorite L.L Cool J movie?

I was a bit late in tuning in. I started watching just as Adele won her first Grammy, what a great singer she is, I hope she does more albums the world needs her.

I’ve never really seen Chris Brown before, he’s a great dancer but the voice and music is so generic, nothing really special.

What the hell are Jay Z and Kanye West doing that’s so important, I mean they just won a fricken Grammy and aren’t there to pick it up……… idiots. #sackyourmanager

So Jason Aldean, wearing an Armani suit with a cowboy hat and singing a pop ballad with Kelly Clarkson is not very Country is it? #fakecountrymusic



Nice red country shirt Jack Black.

Foo Fighters YESSSSSSS!!!!!! See it can be done, hard rocking and accessible music with great feel and good melodies. Take note new bands on Tripe J (oh no he didn’t) Taylor Hawkins you are rock drumming personified!! Grohl you are a gun!!!!

Rhianna and Colday = I wonder if you mixed fried rice with cheese. #grammyproductionideas
Whineier bullcrap from Coldplay. Very underwhelming (sorry Coldplay fans)


Just take a break from reading and watch this... hahahaha

Great lighting and video show however, I guess that’s where their music needs to go.
Best Rock performance Foo Fighters Great choice seeing as none of the other nominees were Rock bands. Butch Vig Great producer! 


The human element is what’s the most important in music “Dave Grohl” Nice one Pal!




Beach Boys Yesssss!!!!!!




Maroon 5 Nooooooooooooo I’ve seen better Tafe college performers!

"Foster the People" seriously guys couldn’t we get better bands for a Beach Boys tribute. I mean it’s the fricken BEACH BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Fricken cool! Original Beach Boys after 50 years in the business and they sound amazing!
In this moment I am happy! Thank You Beach Boys!

I’m not sure if I can watch anymore after that. It can’t get any better!

Stevie Wonder I stand corrected I can keep watching! J

Paul Mc Cartney with Joe Walsh and Diana Krall and an orchestra very cool.

Gil Scott Heron tribute… (Didn’t quite happen did it?) 



Let’s give Taylor Swift more Grammy time.


Taylor Swift is proof the Grammys are rigged! She’s pretty cute though, but still…

Adele wins song of the year. Again all the other songs nominated were crap but Rolling in the deep is a great song and world wide smash. Totally deserved.

Katy Perry take away her big breast, her big beautiful eyes and pro activ solution and what’s she have? 
Who Cares she's HOT!!!



Best country album: Funny thing is as they’re rolling all the songs for the nominees one after the other, I could swear it was one song they sound so similar! American country music is 80’s pop with acoustic guitars and Banjos.

Adele’s singing a bit flat. Still a good song! Standing ovation wow!

Glenn Campbell tribute more generic country artists paying homage except these guys look like they have reversed haircuts. The guy standing next to Mr. Campbell has a more modernized Nigel Tufnell rock mullet.
Now see Glenn Campbell sings and the class level jumps up massively! Rhinestone cowboy! Yeehaw!!!!! What a great song!



Allman brothers and Diana Ross get lifetime achievement but no airtime??? Serious??? Nah let’s give Taylor Swift another spot! Geez!!!

Tony Bennet what a voice even at 137 years of age! He’s got more class in his pinky finger than most of the nominees tonight!



Best New artist Bon Iver it’s great to see balding bearded nerds in bad suits getting rewarded! I’m going to buy this album!

Music cares ! Australia, are you listening! 

Jenifer Hudson’s tribute to Whitney Houston, probably couldn’t have asked anyone better to do it! Yeah there’s a lump in my throat. I’m only human! RIP Whitney!


Here's a non Grammy related tribute to Whitney by another Whitney.........Former Australian fast bowler Mike Whitney......... hehehehehe too soon?





RIP 
Cornell Duprie,

Joe Morello, 

Clarence Clemons

These three sidemen that had distinct sounds that influenced generations!

Don Cornelius RIP and thank you!



Dance music, David Guetta and Chris Brown I guess if you’re into that shit!

Foo Fighters again, thank God!

What’s with the mouse head dude? What the hell is going on???? Cool music someone might have to explain to me who this is.

Nicki Minaj never heard of her! So far this is the biggest pile of crap in history! God give us Whitney back and take Nicki Minaj instead! This is indeed music from the bowels of hell. If anyone says this girl is good, make no mistake, you’re an idiot!

Record of the year Adele. I’m glad. Someone with talent who’s a worldwide smash. We need more artists like her.

More Botox Diana! You’re still a legend!



Album of the Year Adele 21! I’ve given her enough praise! Good for her! She’s the real deal!



Paul Mc Cartney closing the show with my favorite drummer Abe Labroiel Jnr! Abe’s drums sound massive! Bruce Springsteen, Joe Walsh and Dave Grohl join in! Cool! Sound guy get it together!!!!!!!! Bruce you’ve lost the plot! Joe Walsh you still got it Pal!!!!!!!
Finishing the Grammys off with guitar solos a BIG YESSSSSSSS to that!!!!

I’ll finish this blog with a bit of trivia:

Never won a grammy: 


The Who
The Kinks


Led Zeppelin

Jimi Hendrix

Queen

Chuck Berry

The Beach Boys


Have won a Grammy: Baha Men, Hootie, Milli Vanilli, Michael Bolton, Britney Spears, All-4-One, Nelly


Nelly

Britney

Michael Bolton

All 4 One

Milli Vanilli



Hootie
Baha Men





Thank you Zakk Zedras for this information.


That's it from me and my first blog post. Please follow or sign up for email notifications, you'll find all that in the side bar.

Remember, opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks, so it's just my opinion

Thanks Pals and Gals










3 comments:

Red Shoe Artist said...

Pretty cool post for your first time Bro. I must admit it was a bit painful watching the Grammy's. I realise that I am getting old when I keep asking 'Who's that?'. The Beach Boys made it for me though and Adele winning. I have a real girl-crush on her

Captain Vibe Productions said...

Thanks Sis!
I'm really enjoying this Blogging or Logging with a silent B.
Thanks for setting this up!

Rexxyboy said...

Foo's win Best Rock song (der, of course!) I was astonished to see that the other bands in that category were not even rock bands. Coldplay, Radiohead? Mumford and Sons? Barely Pop! Go GROHL!